Ulysses S. Grant Home
Ulysses S. Grant Home Review
Honoring his service in the Civil War, a group of Galena Republicans presented this 1860 Italianate bracketed home to Ulysses S. Grant in 1865. He lived here with his family until in 1868, taking his seat in the White House as the 18th President. Much of the furnishings are original to the home, which is now a National Historic Landmark and on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Address: 500 Bouthillier St., Galena, 61036
- Phone: 815/777-3310
- Cost: Suggested donation $4; children $2
- Hours: April-Oct. 9-4:45; Nov.-March Wed.-Sun. 9-4; closed Martin Luther King, Jr., Presidents, Veterans, General Election.
- Website: www.granthome.com
- Location: Galena, Illinois