Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory: The Domes
Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory: The Domes Review
The trio of iconic 85-foot-high glass domes hold within them spectacular plant and flower specimens of desert and tropics, as well as seasonal displays in the Show Dome. During the winter, evenings get festive with light shows that sparkle off the domes. Young visitors should grab a scavenger hunt map that encourages them to identify various flora and fauna.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
My wife and I need a relaxing, affordable 40th Anniversary trip. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more