Sanford Restaurant Review
Restaurant owner Sanford Amato opened the Sanford restaurant in 1989 in his family's former grocery store. The grocery store turned restaurant is known for its delectable foods luring customers back for more, and it's no wonder, with the restaurant's sleekly inviting setting, convivial atmosphere, and artfully created dishes. The menu changes frequently, some dishes have included grilled pear and Roquefort tart with caramelized onions; grilled wild sturgeon on crab hash; and a fanciful finale of banana butterscotch toffee tart with banana rum ice cream.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more