Lake Geneva Cruise Line
Lake Geneva Cruise Line Review
Lake Geneva Cruise Line offers full-lake tours; sunset cruises; lunch, champagne brunch, and jazz dinner excursions; and the famous—and daring—U.S. Mailboat Tour, showcasing the talents of the mail carriers who leap between docks and moving boats to deliver the mail to its shoreline recipient. The sweet Ice Cream Social tour aboard the climate-controlled Grand Belle travels half of Geneva Lake, cruising for about 75 minutes, with commentary on the history of the lake, the town and its amazing mansions. As for the ice cream, a server will take down your choice of topping (strawberry, caramel or chocolate) for a generous scoop of Breyer's vanilla, along with nuts, whipped cream and a cookie.
- Address: Riviera Docks, 812 Wrigley Dr., Lake Geneva, 53147
- Phone: 800/558-5911; 262/248-6206
- Cost: Ice Cream Social $25; children 13-17 $19; children 4-12 $14; seniors 65 and up $23
- Hours: Tues.-Sun. May-October (may run weekends only in May and October), 2:30 pm
- Website: www.cruiselakegeneva.com
- Location: Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more