At a Glance
- Complimentary breakfast
- close to downtown Saugatuck
- Standard rooms are rather small
- walls are old (read: thin) and floors are old (read: creaky)
Check Rates from our Partners
Maplewood Hotel Review
Chicago area native Catherine L. Simon runs her stately, historic bed and breakfast near downtown Saugatuck with the greatest of care. Expect prompt and doting service and little extras like fresh-baked goodies available in the evening, local jams for muffins, or wine glasses and an opener for that bottle of wine you purchased at Fenn Valley Vineyards. Furnished with carefully chosen period pieces—like four-poster wood beds—the Greek-Revival style building, built in the 1860s, features a sunny glass-enclosed porch for breakfast. Sit by the wood-burning fireplace in the main lounge or cozy up to your own in one of the larger rooms. In the summer, a small pool is open on the deck.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more