Indianapolis is one of those places that residents don't want the masses to know about, lest they spoil its perfect blend of bustle and easygoing Midwest mentality that makes it such a livable and lovely city. Downtown buildings, both retail and residential, have been given new life since the 1990s revitalization and continually expanding green corridors add to its walkability.
Indianapolis, Indiana at a Glance
- Dallara IndyCar Factory
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
- Indiana State Museum and IMAX Theatre
- Indianapolis Children's Museum
Elsewhere in Side Trips from Chicago
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's