- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Costs in Chicago are quite reasonable compared to other large cities such as San Francisco and New York, though the sales tax here, at 9.5%, is the third highest of any U.S. city. Restaurants, events, and parking costs are markedly higher in the Loop than in any other area of the city.
ATMs are plentiful. You can find them in banks, grocery stores, and hotels, as well as at some drugstores, gas stations, and convenience stores.
Prices throughout this guide are given for adults. Substantially reduced fees are almost always available for children, students, and senior citizens.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe