- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chicago is a city of choices: You can splash out on the fanciest meals and pricey theater tickets or opt for fun activities that don't cost a dime.
If you plan to hit several major attractions, consider a Chicago City Pass at participating locations or online (www.citypass.com/chicago). It will save you a combined total of about $80 on admission to these major attractions: Shedd Aquarium, The Field Museum, Skydeck Chicago at Willis (Sears) Tower, either Museum of Science and Industry or John Hancock Observatory, and either Adler Planetarium or Art Institute of Chicago. To save even more, time your museum visit for a day or time when admission is free. The Field Museum and the Art Institute offer free basic admission once a month.
From spring to fall, neighborhood fests and free concerts abound. The most stunning place to catch a free concert is the Frank Gehry-designed Jay Pritzker Pavilion at Millennium Park. Daytime and evening concerts showcase everything from classical to jazz to punk rock.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe