From 1899 to 2007 this was the flagship location for the department store Carson, Pirie, Scott & Co. The work of one of Chicago's most renowned architects, it combines Louis H. Sullivan's visionary expression of modern design with intricate cast-iron ornamentation. The eye-catching rotunda and the 11 stories above it are actually an addition Sullivan made to his original building. In later years D.H. Burnham &Co. and Holabird &Root extended Sullivan's smooth, horizontal scheme farther down State Street. In 2012, the Sullivan Center became a shopping mall, with tenants that include Target and DSW.