Opened in 1926 as a vaudeville venue, the theater was designed to evoke the Palace of Versailles. As time went on, its popularity waned. During the 1970s, it became a banquet hall, and in the '80s, a rock concert hall. Renovated in the '90s and reopened in 1999 as performing arts space for long-run Broadway shows, it has recaptured some of it former glory.
151 W. Randolph St., Chicago, Illinois, 60601, United States