- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you're driving, you'll probably be taking the expressways—Kennedy from the northwest, Edens/Kennedy from the north, Dan Ryan from the south, and Congress from the west. Lake Shore Drive runs north and south along Lake Michigan.
Or save on high parking fees and travel by CTA bus (312/836-7000 www.transitchicago.com) or come by El or rail. In the suburbs, hop on the Metra or South Shore Line and arrive at Union Station (Canal and Jackson streets). CTA's Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Brown, and Pink lines link the city with the Loop.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe