Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Three Aces Review
The rustic menu here, heavy on pasta and pizza, fits nicely among the Little Italy neighbors, but the grittier rock 'n' roll vibe and free-flowing craft beer makes Three Aces stand out among the other classic mom-and-pop restaurants. Expect less eggplant Parm and more farmhouse Italian: there's grilled rapini with blood sausage, wheat berry, celery heart, radish, and satsuma, and pappardelle Bolognese with seasoned mascarpone, mint, and Parmesan. Desserts are never without a splash of healthy booze, like cake doughnuts with coffee glaze and stout punch during winter and St-Germain elderflower liqueur–spiked Italian ice in the summer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more