Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
When most people think of "adventurous dining," the first thought usually turns to offal. But this new Wicker Park hot spot is full of unusual flavors beyond pork-centric dishes that are bound to be a first for most. Brothers and chef-owners Michael and Pat Sheerin serve up original dishes with white-tablecloth interpretations like organic Scottish salmon with braised red cabbage, pumpernickel dumplings, and candied quinoa, and aged Peking duck with pastrami sausage, rye spaetzle, and parsnip. The dining room is often booked, but seating in the sleek, antique-inspired bar is first come, first served. Grab a stool and a drink, and order the pickle tots with red-onion yogurt and chicken brescola as a dinner primer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more