Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Perennial Virant Review
Locavore obsessives should look no further than this farm-to-table gem facing Lincoln Park's seasonal farmers market, the Green City Market. The fourth of Boka Restaurant Group's trendy restaurant empire (Boka, Girl & the Goat, GT Fish & Oyster) teams up with sustainability poster boy chef Paul Virant (also of the suburban restaurant Vie) to create a rotating menu of beautiful, locally-driven dishes like caramelized egg and sweet pea ravioli, and pan-seared Great Lakes whitefish. The restaurant's motto is "eat what you can, and can what you can't"—hence the shelves of house-made preserves that grace the walls and are incorporated into the menu in everything from the pickled celery in the smoked ham hock beignets, to the jams and sauces, and the bitters used in the cocktails.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more