- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
At a Glance
- close to North Avenue Beach, nightlife, and downtown
- friendly, jeans-clad staff
- hotelier Ian Schrager's trademark glamour
- smallish bathrooms
- mocha-colored walls and ceilings and subtle lighting make the hallways dark
Check Rates from our Partners
Public Chicago Review
With iMacs in the lobby, free Wi-Fi throughout, bikes for the borrowing at the front door, and generously sized, minimalist cream-and-white guest rooms, what was once the slightly faded Ambassador East is now hip and sleek; the location's as stellar as always. And the legendary Pump Room restaurant is still there, but the design is all new. There's also a new fitness center on the 11th floor and a screening room off the Library Bar, with plenty of plush couches. A free breakfast for kids (accompanied by cartoons) fill the space on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
With more and more bars opening up around the city, Chicago is proving it knows its way around a cocktail... Read more
The Windy City is home to a slew of new restaurants, boutique hotels, and museum exhibits worth checking... Read more