- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
Waldorf Astoria Chicago
At a Glance
- you don't have to leave the hotel to enjoy a fabulous bar—theirs is packed on weekends
- the high room bill
- most guests say the staff is eager to please, but a few have complained about subpar service and long waits at the very popular bar/restaurant
Check Rates from our Partners
Waldorf Astoria Chicago Review
Two large, Greek-inspired sculptures greet guests as they walk through the entrance of this exquisitely designed hotel, where rooms start at 632 square feet and double in size if you're willing to spend even more. The elegant roms are furnished with platinum- and champagne-color palettes and textured wallpaper; and most of the marble-covered bathrooms have a deep soaking tub. The artwork is modern, but the atmosphere remains warm throughout. Also, there's no need to hand a bellhop a couple of bucks; this is a tip-free hotel.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
With more and more bars opening up around the city, Chicago is proving it knows its way around a cocktail... Read more
The Windy City is home to a slew of new restaurants, boutique hotels, and museum exhibits worth checking... Read more