Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Maude's Liquor Bar
Maude's Liquor Bar Review
A classic French menu of dishes like chicken liver mousse and French onion fondue is the only thing traditional about this sexy Randolph Street hotspot. Dim lighting, reclaimed vintage touches, and an indie soundtrack set the mood for sipping on cocktails like the Smokey Violet Smash and snacking on small plates like warm marinated mushrooms with swiss chard. If your table is feeling particularly indulgent, spoil yourselves with the towering Maude's Plateaux seafood platter for $155, filled with a ridiculous sampling of lobster, crab, mussels, oysters, shrimp, and ceviche large enough to share among a party of four.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more