Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steaks & Stone Crab
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steaks & Stone Crab Review
Joe's may be far from the ocean, but the winning combination of stone crabs and other seafood, as well as prime steaks, has made this outpost of the original South Florida restaurant a continued success since it opened in 2000. The signature stone crabs are in season October to May, and the simple preparation—chilled with mustard sauce for dipping—suits the delicate meat best; they're served already cracked, but be prepared to get your hands dirty. There's plenty else on the menu all year-round, too, but the stone crabs are undeniably a star. The restaurant is almost as popular as the Miami original, so be sure to make reservations or expect a wait.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more