Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Phoenix Restaurant Review
This bustling dim sum house can feel overwhelming with the hordes of diners who flock here on weekends, and service can be brusque, but even so, it delivers. First Phoenix softens you up with second-floor picture-window views that frame the Loop skyline. Then, just when you're most vulnerable, it develops the food punch—and it's a pretty good one, too. The dim sum, dispensed from rolling carts all day long on weekends, is a big draw; don't miss the barbecue pork buns (char siu bao) or the shrimp dumplings (shumai). Arrive before noon on weekends or stew as you wait—and wait.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more