- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
Phoenix Restaurant Review
This bustling dim sum house can feel overwhelming with the hordes of diners who flock here on weekends, and service can be brusque, but even so, it delivers. First Phoenix softens you up with second-floor picture-window views that frame the Loop skyline. Then, just when you're most vulnerable, it develops the food punch—and it's a pretty good one, too. The dim sum, dispensed from rolling carts all day long on weekends, is a big draw; don't miss the barbecue pork buns (char siu bao) or the shrimp dumplings (shumai). Arrive before noon on weekends or stew as you wait—and wait.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
Tucked into the tony Gold Coast neighborhood, the 247-room Thompson Chicago opened its doors in early... Read more
Winters can be brutal in the Windy City.... Read more