Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
More than a decade after Tru opened under the direction of former chef/partners Rick Tramonto and Gale Gand, the award-winning progressive French restaurant still retains its critical acclaim under the helm of new executive chef Anthony Martin. Expect stylish, contemporary dishes such as truffled lobster and ribeye with grilled foie gras, which complement the dining room's gallery-like feel (an Andy Warhol hangs on the wall). The caviar platter is served on a stunning coral display and the 14-course prix-fixe menu, priced at $158, is enough luxury to make anyone feel like royalty. Several of those courses are dessert, so save space.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more