Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Honky Tonk Barbeque
Honky Tonk Barbeque Review
The twang of country meets the tang of barbecue sauce at this Pilsen spot known for award-winning barbecue. There's definitely plenty of meat on the menu—from ribs and brisket to whole-smoked chicken—but the tender pulled pork might be the standout; try it first with a dab of regular sauce, then try the spicy. Setting the scene for the down-home meal are dining rooms decked out in vintage Americana (including a pink fridge) accompanied by live honky-tonk music on weekends and the occasional weekday evening. As for the address, it's easy to spot the restaurant: look for the flames painted alongside the entrance.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more