- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel
At a Glance
- great location
- close to Museum Campus and theater district
- lobby can be a bit dark, and its decor a bit too ornate
Check Rates from our Partners
Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel Review
The lobby of this classic hotel has gold-trimmed walls, a gold sofa, and modern flower arrangements that make it an unusual mix of old and new; the guest rooms are simple and elegant, with enough modern flair to feel updated yet still give a sense of the past. There's an in-house Starbucks and the popular Mercat a la Planxa tapas restaurant and bar. Ask about the hotel's storied past; presidents as well as mob bosses have stayed here.
- Address: 636 S. Michigan Ave., South Loop, Chicago, IL 60605 | Map It
- Phone: 312/447–0955; 888/236–2427
- Website: www.blackstonerenaissance.com
- Location: The Loop, Including West Loop and South Loop
- 328 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes some meals, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Is an hour & 40 minutes cutting it to close to do all we will need to do? Read more
· News & Features
Winters can be brutal in the Windy City. ... Read more
Capitalizing on America's "national shopping day", hotels across the country, located near major shopping... Read more
From Chicago Bears games to stylish restaurant and hotel openings, there’s something fun this fall... Read more