Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Ford Center for the Performing Arts–Oriental Theatre
Ford Center for the Performing Arts–Oriental Theatre Review
An opulent "hasheesh-dream decor" of Buddhas and elephant-type chairs made this a popular spot for viewing first-run movies starting in 1926. Though listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978, the building continued to crumble for some time after. In 1998 it was restored to its former splendor, and since that time has had a second life as a home to Broadway shows.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more