Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Southport Avenue Review
Southport and other streets that travel north to Irving Park Road are lined with independent shops, many of which cater to well-dressed young women with money to burn.
Music Box Theatre. Southport's main claim to fame is this 1929 movie house, where you can still see twinkling stars and clouds on the ceiling and hear live organ music before the independent and classic films shown on its two screens. 3733 N. Southport Ave., 60613. 773/871–6604. www.musicboxtheatre.com. $9.25; check for web specials.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more