- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Old Town Review
A vibrant dining scene and lots of good bars and clubs make Old Town a top nightlife destination.
The Second City. This legendary improv comedy club has served as a training ground for such stars as Alan Alda, Alan Arkin, John Belushi, Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Bonnie Hunt, Mike Myers, Bill Murray, and Amy Sedaris. Whether or not you go to a show, visit the lobby to check out the who's-who collection of photographs and caricatures of past troupe members. 1616 N. Wells St., Old Town. 312/337–3992. www.secondcity.com. Shows Mon.–Thurs. at 8 pm, Fri. and Sat. at 8 and 11, Sun. at 7.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Is an hour & 40 minutes cutting it to close to do all we will need to do? Read more
· News & Features
Winters can be brutal in the Windy City. ... Read more
Capitalizing on America's "national shopping day", hotels across the country, located near major shopping... Read more
From Chicago Bears games to stylish restaurant and hotel openings, there’s something fun this fall... Read more