Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
At a Glance
- bold and bright modern decor
- dining and drinking options are excellent
- close to theaters, shopping, and public transportation
- may be too hip for some
Check Rates from our Partners
The atmosphere at this sleek spot, topped by ROOF, one of the Loop's most happening bars around, is fun and youthful, and the rooms are moderately sized and modern, with hanging wall art meant to resemble puckered lips. The hotel announces itself with a massive lightning bolt out front and winged lighting sculptures in the lobby. It's an excellent place to see and be seen; you'd never guess this is a Doubletree.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more