- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
Café des Architectes
Café des Architectes Review
French cuisine sometimes gets knocked for being too rich, heavy, and expensive, but this is an image that Southern-born chef Greg Biggers is doing his best to prove wrong at this stylish restaurant on the ground floor of the Sofitel hotel. Biggers serves guinea hen with a black garlic confit and maitake mushrooms and pairs Alaskan halibut with baby spinach and fingerling potatoes, highlighting seasonal ingredients sourced from local farmers. Standout sweets, such as the sampler of miniature Parisian desserts or the Meyer lemon panna cotta, are worth the indulgence. Try the three-course prix-fixe market selection menu for $39; it's a steal.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
Tucked into the tony Gold Coast neighborhood, the 247-room Thompson Chicago opened its doors in early... Read more
Winters can be brutal in the Windy City.... Read more