Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
The Merchandise Mart
The Merchandise Mart Review
The huge Merchandise Mart, on the river between Orleans and Wells streets, takes up nearly two square blocks. In fact, it was the largest building in the world when it opened in 1930, and it remains large enough to have its own stop on the El's Brown and Purple lines. Miles of corridors on its top floors are lined with trade-only furniture and home-design showrooms. LuxeHome, a collection of 30 or so upscale stores with an emphasis on home design and renovation, takes up the bottom two floors.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more