Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Belmont Avenue Review
The strip from Lake Shore Drive to Sheffield has an entirely different character than the residential streets nearby. Yes, it has Starbucks and Potbelly, but what makes it interesting are its funky shops, tattoo parlors, vintage-clothing stores, and Ann Sathers. Just past the El tracks at Sheffield is the Vic Theatre, once a luxurious vaudeville theater. Today it's a live-music venue that's most popular on Brew & View nights, when second- or third-run movies are screened, three bars are open, and the mood is festive.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more