- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
Margarita European Inn
At a Glance
- a fun, off-the-beaten-path place
- close to Northwestern University
- breakfast is merely adequate
Check Rates from our Partners
Margarita European Inn Review
While the varied room sizes and narrow corridors may bring to mind a college dormitory, you won't find a more charming place to stay in Chicago's Near North suburbs. The inn was formerly an all-girls residence club built in the late 1920s, and a lot of its original features, including the iron-girded elevator shaft and antique-laden parlor, remain intact. The staff is small but helpful. The best feature is the library, where guests can exchange their used books for others. There's a rooftop garden and Pensiero restaurant, serving fancy Italian dishes, is on the first floor.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
With more and more bars opening up around the city, Chicago is proving it knows its way around a cocktail... Read more
The Windy City is home to a slew of new restaurants, boutique hotels, and museum exhibits worth checking... Read more