- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
The Allerton Hotel Chicago
At a Glance
- lovely neighborhood
- close to Mag Mile shopping, Rush Street nightlife, and Navy Pier
- delightful concierge and doormen
- guest rooms and bathrooms can be small
Check Rates from our Partners
The Allerton Hotel Chicago Review
Named a National Historic Landmark in 1999, this limestone building was a residential "club hotel" for men when it opened in 1924; a renovation restored the limestone facade and left it with a more contemporary, residential feel. The bed linens are white with navy piping, and the rooms are styled with a mix of blues, white, and yellow. If you want to stay in a place in the middle of it all, this is a very good choice.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
With more and more bars opening up around the city, Chicago is proving it knows its way around a cocktail... Read more
The Windy City is home to a slew of new restaurants, boutique hotels, and museum exhibits worth checking... Read more