Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Epic Burger Review
After walking through exhibits at the Art Institute, follow the local college crowd to this order-at-the-counter eatery. While the ambience is kitschy (think bright orange walls and televisions broadcasting cartoons), the food is, as owner David Friedman describes it, "more mindful." Friedman sources fresh, natural beef for Epic's burgers, which are shaped by hand, cooked to order, and served atop fresh buns on non-petroleum-based plates. Burger add-ons include Wisconsin cheese, nitrate-free bacon, and an organic fried egg. While this might mean the meal costs more than other counter-service spots, it all goes back to Friedman's goal of building a greener burger joint—and it all just seems to taste extra good.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more