- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mercat a la Planxa
Mercat a la Planxa Review
Inside the Blackstone Hotel, this Catalan-inspired restaurant offers a stylish respite from Michigan Avenue. Philadelphia-based chef Jose Garces returned to his native Chicago for Mercat, where he created a menu of small and midsize plates of Catalan sopas (soup), cured meats, fideos (Spanish pasta), and a variety of vegetable sides, all of which are great for sharing. Be sure to try the cocas, flat breads topped with a range of ingredients, from bean purée, shrimp, and chorizo to short ribs and horseradish. Don't let the small, cramped bar at the entrance fool you; once you walk up the stairs, you'll encounter an airy dining room with a view of Grant Park.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
Tucked into the tony Gold Coast neighborhood, the 247-room Thompson Chicago opened its doors in early... Read more
Winters can be brutal in the Windy City.... Read more