Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
It's not often that a chef who has made a name for himself in Las Vegas retreats to a neighborhood restaurant but that's exactly what Takashi Yagihashi did when he left his post as executive chef of Okada at Wynn Las Vegas. At his intimate, dinner-only restaurant in Bucktown, Yagihashi serves French- and American-inspired small and large plates with Japanese accents, such as duck with quince compote and a ginger-orange glaze, and soy- and ginger-braised caramel pork belly with pickled daikon. The upstairs room is quiet and relaxed; request a seat downstairs to peek at the action in the glassed-in kitchen.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more