- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
Courtyard by Marriott Chicago/Magnificent Mile
At a Glance
- great location in the heart of the shopping district
- pool is small
- some guests complain of noise problems
Check Rates from our Partners
Courtyard by Marriott Chicago/Magnificent Mile Review
Visitors will love the location, the bustling lobby, and the stylish rooms with black granite and track lighting; the hotel is modern but not cold or pretentious. The modest rooms have Art Deco–inspired decor, white linens, and splashes of red. The double queen room sleeps five with a sofa bed, so it's great for families. The restaurant, Viand, offers fine American cuisine in a dark and lively space with an attractive bar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
With more and more bars opening up around the city, Chicago is proving it knows its way around a cocktail... Read more
The Windy City is home to a slew of new restaurants, boutique hotels, and museum exhibits worth checking... Read more