- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
At a Glance
- Aveda products
- close to nightlife
- rooms can be small
- some guests have complained of noisy plumbing and water pressure problems
Check Rates from our Partners
Kinzie Hotel Review
With popular magazines on the desks and well-worn books on the shelves, this well-situated hot spot aims for a residential feel. Check out the complimentary reception every night from 5:30 to 7 for free drinks, Italian beer, and antipasti, among other treats. And unlike many other hotels' Continental breakfasts, this one is served on each floor rather than in the lobby. The clientele is eclectic and laid-back; the reception brings everyone together. A water wall in the lobby is cobalt blue, reminiscent of the Amalfi Coast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
With more and more bars opening up around the city, Chicago is proving it knows its way around a cocktail ... Read more
The Windy City is home to a slew of new restaurants, boutique hotels, and museum exhibits worth checking... Read more
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy... Read more