- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
At a Glance
- rooms are comfortable and elegant
- some guests have complained of long waits for elevators
Check Rates from our Partners
Raffaello Hotel Review
Location is a big draw for visitors to this hotel near the many stores on the Magnificent Mile; inside, you'll find spacious and comfortable rooms in various neutral shades. The clientele is international but also includes suburbanites looking for a city fix. Don't linger in the small lobby—with little more than a check-in desk and a few chairs, there's not much excitement there. Guest rooms have modern-looking bathrooms with rain showers and excellent city views (ask for a room facing west for a close-up look at the John Hancock Building).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
With more and more bars opening up around the city, Chicago is proving it knows its way around a cocktail... Read more
The Windy City is home to a slew of new restaurants, boutique hotels, and museum exhibits worth checking... Read more