Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
This is as close as you can get to the grill without staying home and firing up the barbie, but the atmosphere here is a bit more refined than your backyard, and the menu isn't your average burgers and hot dogs. The Wildfire kitchen's wood-burning oven is visible from the dining room at this cozy supper club–style joint that plays a sound track of vintage jazz. No culinary innovations here, just exceptional chopped salad, roasted prime rib, and salmon roasted on a cedar plank, along with wood-fired, whole-wheat pizzas and fried calamari. Top taste: the roasted prime rib.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more