Fodor's Chicago 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Mindy's Hot Chocolate
Mindy's Hot Chocolate Review
The city's most celebrated pastry chef, Mindy Segal, goes solo at Hot Chocolate, and as you might expect, it's a hit for a really great dessert selection ranging from a creative soufflé tart with salted caramel ice cream and homemade pretzels to warm brioche doughnuts and hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows. How sweet it is—and how busy it is. The savory menu is well crafted, too, with choices such as a pork chop with sausage and spaetzle and a tuna melt made with tuna poached in olive oil, wild capers, and Havarti cheese.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters When: Two days in February 2014 Why: After be... Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American wint... Read more