- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
At a Glance
- beautifully appointed lobby
- free Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- antiquated heating and cooling systems
- it takes two elevators to reach some rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Conrad Chicago Review
This hotel's Art Deco–inspired lobby avoids feeling like a period piece through its clean-line furniture and creative floral arrangements, and the rooms here—featuring European duvets, oversize pillows, plush bathrobes, and slippers—aim to pamper. The rooftop Terrace Restaurant and Bar also impresses, with stellar views and free Sunday night movies in good weather. And there's complimentary morning coffee and tea service. The building's limestone facade was cut from the same quarries as the Empire State Building and Tribune Tower.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Where: Chicago with a friend and her pre-teen daughters
When: Two days in February 2014
Why: After being housebound by what seemed to be a never-ending winter (enough already!), it was time to bundle Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
We've never been to Chicago other than changing planes.
We'd like to go for a few days but that's a lot of flying to spend 3-4 days in one place.
Any add-ons in the area?
Thanks. Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
With more and more bars opening up around the city, Chicago is proving it knows its way around a cocktail... Read more
The Windy City is home to a slew of new restaurants, boutique hotels, and museum exhibits worth checking... Read more