- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
Marina City Review
Likened to everything from corncobs to the towers of Antonio Gaudí's Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Bertrand Goldberg's twin towers were a bold departure from the severity of the International Style, which began to dominate high-rise architecture beginning in the 1950s. Completed in 1964, the towers house condominium apartments (all pie-shaped, with curving balconies); the bottom 19 stories of each tower are given over to exposed spiral parking garages. In addition to the apartments and marina, the complex has four restaurants, the House of Blues nightclub, the Hotel Sax Chicago, and a huge bowling alley.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
Tucked into the tony Gold Coast neighborhood, the 247-room Thompson Chicago opened its doors in early... Read more
Winters can be brutal in the Windy City.... Read more