- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
National Museum of Mexican Art
National Museum of Mexican Art Review
As the largest Latino museum in the country, this is the one musuem you shouldn't miss after you've done the big museums downtown. Galleries house impressive collections of contemporary, traditional, and meso-American art from both sides of the border, as well as vivid exhibits that trace immigration woes and political fights. Its 5,500-object permanent collection includes pre-Cuauhtemoc artifacts, textiles, paintings, prints and drawings, and folk art. Every fall the giant "Day of the Dead" exhibit stuns Chicagoans with its altars from artists across the country.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
Tucked into the tony Gold Coast neighborhood, the 247-room Thompson Chicago opened its doors in early... Read more
Winters can be brutal in the Windy City.... Read more