- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
Chicago Brauhaus Review
The German immigrants who settled in Lincoln Square have mostly moved on, making room for a generation of urban families, but they left behind the Brauhaus, an Oktoberfest of a restaurant featuring a live band playing nightly polkas and waltzes that bring old-timers and new converts to the dance floor. Though the atmosphere is the draw over the food, you can't go wrong with the bratwurst and sauerkraut or the schnitzel. Large tables add to the convivial atmosphere: you may make some new friends. As expected, there is a good selection of German beer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
Tucked into the tony Gold Coast neighborhood, the 247-room Thompson Chicago opened its doors in early... Read more
Winters can be brutal in the Windy City.... Read more