- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
By car: Take I-290 west to the Damen Avenue exit, then go south on Damen to 19th Street. There's parking at the National Museum of Mexican Art plus metered street parking. For Little Italy and University Village (UIC), take the Kennedy Expressway's Taylor Street exit and head west. Drive south on Michigan Avenue, take a left at 18th Street, and travel four blocks to Cermak Road East or to 22nd Street for Chinatown. Chinatown Gate on Wentworth Avenue has a parking lot. For the Prairie Avenue Historic District, take Michigan Avenue to East 21st Street, then west to Prairie.
Public transportation: The El's Blue Line stops at the 18th Street station in the Pilsen area. Check out the station's colorful murals. Take the Blue Line to UIC/Halsted for University Village and the No. 9 Ashland bus to Little Italy. For Chinatown, take the El's Red Line south to Cermak.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe