- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Near North: If you're arriving from the north by car, take Lake Shore Drive south to the Michigan Avenue exit. From the south, exit at Grand Avenue for Navy Pier. The 3, 4, 144, 145, 146, 167, and 151 buses run along Michigan Avenue. Buses 29, 65, and 66 all service Navy Pier. If you're using the El, take the Red Line to Chicago Avenue or Clark and Division.
River North: The Merchandise Mart has its own stop on the El's Brown and Purple lines. For drivers, there is a parking lot at 350 North Orleans Street. If you are heading to the northern tip of the neighborhood, take Wells Street to Chicago Avenue. You can also walk west from the Mag Mile a few blocks to get to the area.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe