- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Brew and View. The rowdy crowd at Brew and View comes for cheap flicks—both newer releases and cult faves—and beer specials. Vic Theatre, 3145 N. Sheffield Ave., Lakeview, Chicago, IL, 60657. 773/929–6713. www.brewview.com.
Facets. Facets Cinematheque shows independent and art films in its cinema and video theater. 1517 W. Fullerton Ave., Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL, 60614. 800/331–6197. www.facets.org.
Gene Siskel Film Center. Gene Siskel Film Center screens new releases from around the globe and revivals of cinematic classics; the best part is that filmmakers often make appearances at screenings. 164 N. State St., Loop, Chicago, IL, 60601. 312/846–2600 or 312/846–2800. www.siskelfilmcenter.org.
IMAX and OMNIMAX Theaters. For IMAX and OMNIMAX theaters, go to Navy Pier or the Museum of Science and Industry. Chicago, IL. www.imax.com/oo/navy-pier-imax, www.msichicago.org.
Movies in the Parks. For a change of scenery, watch current and classic films in neighborhood parks throughout the city during the Chicago Park District's Movies in the Parks series, which runs on various evenings June through September. Chicago, IL. 312/742–7529. www.chicagoparkdistrict.com.
Music Box Theatre. If you love old theaters, old movies, and ghosts (rumor has it the theater is haunted by the spirit of its original manager), don't miss a trip to the Music Box Theatre. 3733 N. Southport Ave., Lakeview, Chicago, IL, 60613. 773/871–6604. www.musicboxtheatre.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe