- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
For your trip to Chicago, you may want a little more space than a hotel room provides. If you decide to book online, beware that apartment rental scams do exist. In some cases, travelers have lost their deposit money, or their prepaid rent (note: never wire money to an individual's account).
There are a few reputable providers of short-term rentals, such as Vacation Rental By Owner (www.vrbo.com), which offers a money-back guarantee. But many Fodorites have turned to suite hotels and B&Bs with apartmentlike accommodations to guard themselves from possible scams.
For an intimate look at the city, some visitors like to stay at bed-and-breakfasts. For additional options, try the Chicago Bed & Breakfast Association (773/394–2000 or 800/375–7084 www.chicago-bed-breakfast.com).Updated: 02-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's