- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Making the Most of Your Time
A trip to Chicago shouldn't start and end within the city limits. There's so much worth seeing and doing in the city's suburbs that makes the little added effort worthwhile. Spend at least half a day in historic Oak Park to learn about famous residents Ernest Hemingway and Frank Lloyd Wright. A second day to see points farther west can take you to the Brookfield Zoo or the Morton Arboretum. Chicago's picturesque North Shore won't disappoint either: spend a collegial day wandering Northwestern University's campus and downtown Evanston or take in a concert at Ravinia Park in Highland Park and the Chicago Botanic Garden in Glencoe.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe