- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Expand your cultural knowledge: Take part in a tea ceremony or try your hand at calligraphy during weekend programs at the Mallott Japanese Garden inside the Chicago Botanic Garden.
Visit the animals: Get a fish's eye view of polar bears swimming underwater at the belowground viewing area at the Brookfield Zoo's Great Bear Wilderness Habitat.
Get to know Frank Lloyd Wright: Take a trip back to 1909, the last year the famed architect lived and worked in the Oak Park Home and Studio.
Enjoy a picnic: Pack up a candelabra and some foie gras—or just a blanket and some bug spray—and head to the Ravinia Festival for a night of music under the stars.
Visit the Bahá'i Temple: Join creatures including chipmunks, deer, and red-tailed hawks that often watch the sunset from the peaceful grounds of this majestic temple in Wilmette.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe