- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you want to explore Molokai from one end to the other, you must rent a car. With just a few main roads to choose from, it's a snap to drive around here. The gas stations are in Kaunakakai. Ask your rental agent for a free Molokai Drive Guide.
Alamo maintains a counter at Hoolehua Airport. Make arrangements in advance because cars may not be available when you walk in. National has a desk at the Hotel Molokai. Locally owned Island Kine Rent-a-Car offers airport or hotel pickup. Be sure to check the vehicle to make sure the four-wheel drive is working before departing the agency. There is a $75 surcharge for taking a four-wheel-drive vehicle off-road.
Alamo. Alamo HI. 877/222-9075. www.alamo.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe