- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Molokai
Kalaupapa Peninsula: Hike or take a mule ride down the world's tallest sea cliffs to a fascinating, historic community that still houses a few patients suffering from leprosy.
A waterful hike in Halawa: A fascinating guided hike through private property takes you past ancient ruins, restored taro patches, and a sparkling cascade.
Deep-sea fishing: Sport fish are plentiful in these waters, as are gorgeous views of several Islands. Fishing is one of the island's great adventures.
Closeness to nature: Deep valleys, sheer cliffs, and the untamed ocean are the main attractions on Molokai.
Papohaku Beach: This 3-mile stretch of golden sand is one of the most sensational beaches in all of Hawaii. Sunsets and barbecues are perfect here.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe